Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, April 19, 2010

Back to Work

Well, today was a sad day, time for mom to go back to work after a wonderful 13 weeks off. I am proud of myself for 1. getting to work on time and 2. not crying at work. I think I got all of my tears out yesterday; just thinking about never being able to spend this time with him again really made me sad yesterday. I guess I finally now understand when people say their kids grow up way too fast and the time flys by.

Luke and I are fortunate enough to have our mothers to help us out, even when they live so far away. It was a little easier to leave today knowing that he was in good hands. I am just very thankful that I have him all again in 6 weeks when summer arrives!! So glad that I went into the teaching profession :) Now if only he would sleep through the night on a regular basis...

1 comment:

  1. Oh Erin, my heart is breaking for you! I know that Little Owen will be fine, but yes, it reminds me of just how difficult it is to be a Working Mom. I am proud of you that you got through the day, and yes, you will make it, but, you love Owen and that is where your heart is. I am so glad Grandma Julie is there, and I can hardly wait for my turn! You take care, God Bless you, and of course, all my love and hugs to my Little Pea Pod! Gramma K

    ReplyDelete