Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Grandmas




We were fortunate enough to have both Grandmas arrive shortly after Owen was born. Grandma Kim surprised us at the hospital on Tuesday night, we were all so excited to see her and I think she fell in love at first sight--but what Grandma wouldn't?? Grandma Kim secretly booked a flight once she found out that I was in labor and left shortly after. Obviously when you are on an airplane you have to turn your phone off...well, Luke and I thought that maybe she had lost her mind. Who turns their phone off when you find out you are about to have your first grandson? Little did we know what she had planned...We couldn't be more greatful for everything that she was able to do for us while she was here and we can't wait for her return in a couple of weeks.




Luckily, Grandma Julie was also able to make it to the hospital. She was scheduled to arrive on a flight from Naples on Saturday, January 23, but Owen decided to come a little early. She was able to change her flight to Wednesday and spent time with us in the hospital. She too fell in love at first sight :) She has been a tremendous help, it is like I have a live in nanny, housekeeper, and a personal chef...I could get used to this! I don't know if I will be able to let her leave.

1 comment:

  1. Great job in describing my crazy trip to SC! I will love telling Little Owen my story on the day he was born! It was crazy, but, the best thing I ever did! To think at 4:30 a.m. we got the big call that Erin & Luke were on their way to the hospital, and, by 6:00 p.m. I was holding Owen in my arms . . . well, that was a double miracle for me! Thank you Luke & Erin, you made me feel so welcome, I am so blessed to have shared this incredible time with all of you! Love & Hugs, Grandma Kim

    ReplyDelete